Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Rock my world God...part 1

Ask God to rock your world and He will!

Last week was AMAZING!  I am overwhelmed with what God is doing in my life.  He has never given up on me.  He didn't leave me as I am, broken and unseen by Him.  He pursued me continually year after year, moment after moment, through many people.  I think about how I left conversations listening but yet not understanding at the same time.  Confusion set in, so I began to pray let me see you Lord.  I realize He can't reveal all to us at one time because that would be too overwhelming for our minds to handle.  We can't grasp the Lord and His mighty strength with our human minds.

"I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now." John 16:12

God revealed a stronghold in my life, which I had no idea even existed.  I knew I was walking in His will for my life but always felt like I was missing something, somewhere. Just had no clue what it was.  I even thought it was Satan fooling me, to get me off track, so I would dismiss it but it always came back in one way or another.

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world." 1 Peter 5:8-9

I also remember from a study by Kelly Minter, No Other Gods, she was talking about the crafty nature of Satan and the Bible refers to him as the Father of Lies from the beginning.  When the serpent asked Eve "Did God actually say..." Genesis 3:1, it was to create doubt.  The same tactics Satan used then he is still using today, on me and you. He tells us true statements, but ultimately it's not THE TRUTH to keep our focus off God. This was what he was doing to me, using true things in my life but not the truth, all the while keeping my focus off God. 

"keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the God's throne." Hebrews 12:2

I meet an older women in the hallway of a conference two weekends ago.  I was in thought while thousands of women pass me by, thinking how each one of them have a story God is writing specifically for their lives, some in pain and suffering,  others in joy.  This lady stopped in front of me and simply said "Smile, honey." She was very petite.  I'm only 5'5" and I remember having to look down into her eyes. When I looked at her, her face had a glow about her.  I almost dismissed this opportunity but looked at her again.  She said you look like someone who just sits back and observes a lot.  I said your right I look at all these women here and each one has a story God is knitting for them.  She responded with you're right and if we are not seeking His word and guidance for our lives we will miss it.  She began to cry, then so did I.  We hugged.  She then asked me if I have ever done the study Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby.  I said funny you mention that study, my mom gave it to me years ago when I was very young in my walk.  I did several days and got discouraged and stopped because I felt it was way over my head.  She encouraged me to pick it up again and do it.  She mentioned how helpful it was to her in seeking God in her life and how we miss the boat sometimes with what he desires for us.  She smiled again and we parted ways.  At the time I listened but did not recognize all that I do now about that conversation with that woman.  I recently finished a study and have been praying about what to do next, but just didn't have a peace about what. A friend has been talking a lot about God working on her believing God and His promises.  He is who He says he is and He will do what he says He will.  He is faithful to the end.  We know that but do we truly BELIEVE it.  Big difference... She is thinking of doing Beth Moore's Believing God, which I thought I would do with her since I haven't heard anything else at this point.  I honestly never felt a peace about doing that study and recently told her I'm not doing it, between my schedule and timing, its just not going to work out.  Now I see the study for me is Experiencing God, like my friend who's word is believing God, my word is experiencing God. 

I left the conference in red financially with my booth, but I knew God called me to do that.  I had no idea why and still unsure why, but rested in the fact He will use this someway or another.  I don't know how but confident something for His glory would come out of it.  It always does! God is good, all the time!

To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment