Oh Mod Podge how I love you and love how versatile you are. I long to be as versatile as yo some day! Hee Hee! Another project brought to you by using, what else but, Mod Podge. I think I need stock in this product.
These coasters turned out very cute! They would be wonderful Christmas gifts for friends or grandparents. They are very easy to make, just takes a little bit of patience waiting in between the coats of Mod Podge.
Gather your supplies:
4x4 white ceramic tile
Photos of your choice cut to size
Clear Acrylic Sealer
Small Felt Circles used for furniture
1. Start by cleaning and drying tiles.
2. Rough up tiles surface with sandpaper so Mod Podge on back of photo adheres to tile better.
3. Apply thin coat of Mod Podge to back of photo.
4. Center photo on tile and smooth out with credit card. Let dry.
5. Apply thin even layer of Mod Podge over top of tile and photo. Let dry. (Try to keep your brush strokes even because they will show up a little when it's dry.)
6. Repeat step 5, two more times. Let completely dry between coats.
7. Once Mod Podge layers are completely dry, then spray a coat of clear acrylic to make coasters water resistant. (Do this step in a well ventilated area.)
8. Adhere felt pads to bottom of tile to protect table tops from being scratched.
I recommend waiting 72 hrs before using your coasters to make sure all layers have set completely.