Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Don't look Momma till after Mother's Day

Mother's Day is just around the corner, Sunday May 12th to be exact.  A day to celebrate all those hard working mother's.  Just think of the rears wiped, children bathed, homework and projects finished by the due dates, hot meals cooked, tears shed, laughs shared, hugs that will warm your souls given, lunches packed, lessons taught and learned, all from the blessing of caring for a child.

How do I know its a blessing, for the Bible tells me so!  (Did you catch that tune?!)

Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord. ~Psalm 127:3

Some days this verse rings true, from my head down to my toes, I can feel the blessing and the happiness that comes from being a mother.  Other days not so much.  When I feel myself looking at my kids as burdens or interruptions, I close my eyes and pray for the Lord to change my thoughts and actions toward them.  I pray, "Lord you say in your word children are a blessing. It doesn't say only well behaved, healthy, obedient, happy, smart, athletic, artistic, loving, or fun children.  It refers to all children. So even though my child is acting very undeserving in this moment, please give me your grace and mercy so that I can share the same love with grace and mercy you share with me with them and open my eyes to see them as you see them, blessings."

Who can find a virtuous woman? She is far more precious than jewels... 
Strength and honor are her clothing, and she can laugh at the time to come. 
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and loving instruction is on her tongue. 
She watches over the activities of her household and is never idle. 
Her sons rise up and call her blessed. 
He husband also praises her: 
Many women are capable, but you surpass them all! 
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised. ~Proverbs 31:10, 25-30

My kids are still young but I think about what we have endured together as a family and it is HUGE! I think that is what bonds a family, riding the roller coaster of life.  It has it's highs and lows, but in the end I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!!!!

Makes me think on my own mother.  The love she has shown me and I know she draws her love for me from God.  That's the only way she would have been able to put with me.  heehee

The Lord is really the only way you can truly, unconditionally love someone forever.  We have the perfect example of how to be a mother through Jesus.  Just read His word daily and He will show you.  He will give you the strength and courage to endure each day and to become the mother He has called you to be to His children He has gifted you with.

Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous; is not proud; is not conceited; does not act foolishly; is not selfish; is not easily provoked to anger; keeps no record of wrongs; takes no pleasure in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. ~I Corinthians 13:4-7

Still looking for the perfect gift for Mother's Day?

I have a FREEBIE for you! This is part of my gift to my own mother and want to share with all of you!

You can download your own bible verse print here!

Just print as a 5x7 and place in a frame of your choice. (I got this frame from Hobby Lobby, all those that are interested.)  Perfect gift for the special mother in your life!





No comments:

Post a Comment