Saturday, May 25, 2013

Homemade Coffee Creamer

I really enjoy coffee!

There is something about that first sip in the morning that just warms me all over.



I recently looked at the ingredients in my creamer and wow! I couldn't even pronounce several of the items listed.  After reading that, I was on a mission to make my own creamer!  I was so happy when I came across Deliciously Organic! She had a huge variety of choices, so I started with Chocolate Almond.  It reminded me of an Almond Joy, perfect!

Ingredients needed:
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Called for maple syrup as a sweetener, but I used 2 droppers of liquid stevia cause I'm not a fan of maple syrup.
1 teaspoon almond extract
Over medium heat in a mid-sized saucepan, whisk together whole milk, cream, cocoa powder, and liquid stevia.  Once it begins to steam, remove from heat and whisk in almond extract.  Store in glass container in the fridge.  It is sooooooooo good!


No comments:

Post a Comment