Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Yogurt Cookies...need I say more?!

Today I thought I would try yogurt cookies.  Have you heard of them?  I have seen the recipe floating around the web world for some time now so I took the plunge to try for myself.  I made some changes as always to better suit our family's taste buds. I went with blueberry cookie with lemon cream cheese frosting. 

YUMMO is right!

Ingredients Needed for cookies:
1 cup honey granules
1 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour (I used freshly ground soft white wheat grain)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fruit (I used frozen blueberries, but could use fresh also)

Ingredients Needed for frosting:
4oz softened cream cheese
1 cup confectioner's sugar
juice and zest from one lemon


Start by preheating oven to 375F

Mix yogurt and honey granules together then mix egg and vanilla in separate bowl, add to yogurt mixture.


In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt, then mix with yogurt mixture.


Add blueberries and fold in gently.


Drop onto pan by spoonful about 1 1/2 inches apart (they will spread).  Bake for 10 minutes.  Let rest on pan for 2-3 minutes then transfer to wire rack till completely cooled.



While cooling, I began my cream cheese frosting. 


Mix cream cheese and confectioner's sugar, add lemon juice and zest.  Mix for about 2-3 minutes will mixed and fluffy.


Frost cookies once completely cooled!  Enjoy!


I think next time I'll try strawberries with almond cream cheese frosting!

By the way, since these are made with yogurt, I would store in fridge and eat within a couple days.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment