Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I am so blessed in the area of friendships. The Lord has provided many women in my life that He uses to encourage me, to lift me up, to laugh, to cry, to love one another, and many more things.  I can honestly say I am thankful this morning for all of those women, past, present, and future friendships that are to come.  I acknowledge without them I would not have learned, learning, and will learn all that Christ desires for me to understand and find out about Him. 

I tell my kids constantly that any trouble you have, any problem, any need in your life can be found in  the Bible.  It is truly a guiding light in my life and can guide you in anything, I mean, anything.  No mountain is too big or troubles to hard that God can't overcome with His guiding word for us.

Ultimately, I have learned that my greatest friend is God, no one is above Him.

John 15:13 Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

God is showing me how to choose my friends as well.

Psalm 26:4-5 I do not sit with the deceitful, nor do I associate with hypocrites.  I abhor the assembly of evildoers and refuse to sit with the wicked.

Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.


Proverbs 14: 6-7 The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning. Stay away from a fool, for you will not find knowledge on their lips.

Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 22:24-25 Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: " Bad company corrupts good character."

God is also showing me how to treat my friends.

Proverbs 24:17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Colossians 3:12-14  Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others.

Rest in the fact that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

Jesus will never change, never fail you and will always be your BFF. 










No comments:

Post a Comment