Friday, March 15, 2013

St. Patty's Day Shake

Ooooowwwwweeee! I love ice cream! BUT Ooooowwwwweeee it is not good for my rear.

I was very happy to come across Dashing Dish.  She has the most amazing shake idea, to use cottage cheese! It is incredible and the shake is so thick and creamy like ice cream! Perfect!

Thank you Dashing Dish!!!


I followed her recipe for the Shamrock Shake with some tweaks, which is compared with McDonald's Seasonal "Shamrock Shake." Although I haven't tried the shake from McDonald's I have tried other milkshakes and this recipe is GREAT!

I left out the protein powder and xantham gum.  If you don't like pistachio flavor pudding mix, you could use white chocolate or even vanilla. Sky is the limit on these shakes!

For an extra treat blend in 2 oreo cookies! YUM!

Ingredients
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/8 tsp mint extract
1 packet Sweet Leaf stevia
5 ice cubes
1/2 cup water
handful of spinach
2 tbs sugar free instant pistachio pudding mix

I mean, just check out how much protein is found in cottage cheese, 15g! Cool huh! I had no idea.


Gather your ingredients.


Put in blender, then blend it well.  It may take about a minute or two to get a real creamy texture, depending on your blender.


Enjoy a nice treat for St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment