Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Out with the old...in with the new-Day 1

Out with the old...deck for now.  This porch of ours has been in need of repair for sometime but other projects around the house just kept outweighing the priority of it.  Well, its time has come!

The kids and hubby spent one afternoon this weekend with demolition on the deck.


The kids had so much fun tearing the deck down. Nothing like doing some destruction with approval from parents!


The kids worked really hard and did a good job of listening to direction from their daddy and being very careful with how they were working, what they were pulling and pushing.  I was very proud of them all.


The oldest was a work horse.  I was impressed with how well she did.  I think sometimes I forget how old she is now and do not give her enough credit for what she is capable of doing.


The youngest on the other hand really desires to do so much more but just can't at this stage.  So this is what he did some of the time.... stay back and watch. :)


The middle child, well she wants to help but when she starts, her mind changes pretty fast then she just watches.


Man this deck was GROSS!!!!


It's always exciting when changes are occurring around the house.  I love it!  I'm already planning the outline of the new deck in my head as I snap each photo.  Heehee! I am sure it is completely different then my hubby's, just because we both think so differently.  We can usually meet in the middle though and both bring great ideas and thoughts to the table that the other just didn't think of.



We stopped with just getting those rails off for this day because we still need to be able to get in and out the door somehow.  The youngest was ready to tear it all down and worked out a plan for us for how we would get in and out of the house.  He's a nut for sure!


The kids thought this was the best "fort" ever.  Daddy said have fun but just watch out for bugs and critters.  Needless to say they weren't under there for very long after that.


I'm not sure why but this is the look my son gives me all the time now for the camera.  He thinks it's hilarious, which it sort of is for shots like this.  Who really cares, but come time for pics in the spring, he is gonna have to work it out.  Hopefully whatever this is will pass by then.




I love this shot of my boys! Both of them have GREAT smiles and it really shows in this pic!

 

My oldest kid took this picture of me.  She did really good!


Then the middle child had to have a turn as well. :)


She did great as well! Who knows maybe they will follow in their momma's footsteps?! HA!

I'll leave you with this picture of my hubby.  I love all that he does for our family and all that God is creating him to be during this time in our lives.  He is such a hard worker and great provider for us.  I am ever so grateful for him.  Love you honey!



No comments:

Post a Comment