Friday, October 4, 2013

Fall is in the air!

I am so happy with the way this pumpkin turned out! It started out as a blank wood "canvas" for me.  


I began transforming this with blending acrylic paint to get the perfect orange and the shading I wanted. 

It seemed a little blah so I add a whimsical side to it with the polka dots.  Next I added our family name.  


It would cute with a fall saying also like "Happy Fall Y'all" or drop the y'all and just say "Happy Fall," maybe even "Give Thanks" or "Happy Thanksgiving."  Whatever floats your boat!

Lastly added the burlap ribbon for extra texture.  Looks great huh?!


I have ours handing inside on the ladder, but it looks good hanging from the front door as well!


I have another one all painted just waiting for a name or saying to be added.  If you are interested, just email me about it for price, coleen@coleenverner.com. 




No comments:

Post a Comment