Friday, July 5, 2013

Personalized Kids Room Decor

Many people say to me, you and your kids must do crafts all day since you are so crafty.  That could not be farther from the truth for me.  I confess that I LOVE crafting but do not love crafting with my children. That thought actually makes me cringe a little bit. LOL!  Crafting is more of an outlet for when I want to chill by myself.  With that being said, I have decided now that my kids are little older, to plan a few crafts for us to do together while we are home for the summer.  I found this activity on Pinterest and it is very easy!
Supplies Needed
blank canvas
acrylic paint
paint brushes
tape
I started by using tape to place on the canvas to spell out each child's name.  I used my washi tape since it was thinner then the blue painters tape.  You could even use masking tape.

Then let the kids have fun painting!  





Once the paint is dry peel off the tape and the name is left white.  







Two of my kids wanted to paint the white letter with glitter.  The other child wanted sparkles all over the canvas, so we added it before we pulled her tape off.



You could do anything you wanted though.  Sky is the limit!  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment